Sunday, May 12, 2013

   I have two cuter-than-average beagles. The eldest's name is Buck, and the younger one's Beulah (even their names herald their cuteness!).  And, as all beagle owners/admirers know, these dogs love food.
   A few days ago, we had brought home the leftover cookies from our Wednesday night program at church. They were the really good M&M kind that you get from the store. My favorites.
   The next day, my parents were working and my brother and I were still in bed. That left the dogs upstairs, all alone with the cookies. Keep in mind that these cookies were in a plastic box. And those plastic cookie boxes aren't that easy to open. So, one would think the cookies were safe. But apparantly, dog teeth make for a great box opener. When my brother came upstairs, he found Buck licking the crumbs from the bottom of the opened cookie box.  The dogs had eaten all of my beautiful M&M cookies. Well, I probably shouldn't say 'dogs'. I have a feeling most, if not all of the cookies were consumed by Beulah. Since she's a pig. And I think this because she gained close to six pounds that day, while Buck retained his normal figure. But I think it's safe to say that she learned her lesson. Eating over two dozen cookies does strange things to a dog...


Here's a picture of the victim:





And the culprits:



(I told you they were cute!:D)


Have a Happy Mother's Day!

              MR

1 comment: