Sunday, April 26, 2015

I'm Co-Writing My Novel!!

Yes, you read that right. I am co-writing my novel!!! Pretty crazy, huh??
   My co-writer is someone truly amazing, so amazing I could never put it into words. He's always there to give me help with my plot, character development, theme. And anything else I need too, in writing and in everyday life! Whenever I'm stuck I go to him for help and he always has an answer for me. If I'm discouraged with my writing (which I often am) he's always there to encourage and uplift me. In short, he is simply the greatest co-writer I could ever have the privilege of working with. But the best part is that you can co-write with him too. Right now, as a matter of fact!
   In case you haven't already guessed, I'm going to tell you who he is. This co-writer of mine is God! Without him I honestly don't know if I'd even be able to write. Whenever I ask, he's always right there to help me out with what to say and how to say it. He's always ready to unravel my tangled plot and make it into something beautiful that only he could do. Because trust me, without him this novel would be a complete mess. It really kind of is, but it would be even more so if I didn't have him.
   Most importantly though, he gives me the passion I need to write. I have a lot of passion and heart for my novel that God has given me. Granted, most of the time I have a difficult time getting that on paper, but it's still there. Without passion, without a burning desire for your story to touch others lives, then it's just going to be a bunch of words that people will forget. If your story's good, then people might remember it for awhile but is it going to make them want to change? For most Christians who are writing, this is your ultimate goal. And without God giving you that passion that isn't going to happen.
   Keeping God involved in your story will help fix a lack of passion. How do you do that? Talk to him about it. Ask him to help you when you need it (and I know you need it a lot. I certainly do). Read your Bible. Go to church. Some of these things might not seem related but they are. Things my pastor says during his sermon have often inspired me in some aspect of my writing, from character development to new story inspiration. Reading my Bible helps me to fuel my passion for this story and often gives me ideas for my characters, as odd as that probably sounds. Please, don't go to church and read your Bible just to help you with your writing. Do those things to help you grow closer to Jesus. But while you're doing them, keep your heart and mind open to what God may give you for your writing. He'll give you something if you ask him for it!
   Thanks for reading again this week! If I can get my act together, I might be posting a Big Hero 6 fanfiction next week (anybody else absolutely in love with that movie???). If I don't have it finished, who knows! I could post about anything. XP
   Have a wonderful week, and keep writing!
   MR    

2 comments:

  1. Good post, Maggie! I have found this to be true as well. Actually, just the other day I was having difficulty getting out of a plot hole in one of my novels in progress. Being absolutely bankrupt for more ideas, I asked God for one just because I knew He could do it. Then, two minutes later, it hit me! The perfect fix, just like that.
    It's good to remember that God likes giving good gifts to His children. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, stuff like that happens to me all the time when I write! God really is there whenever we need Him. :D

      Delete