Monday, July 13, 2015

Character Interviews Week 3: Loorarc.

Heyloo readers!!
   Ah yes, here we are at our third week of character interviews. I don't know about y'all, but I've had a lot of fun writing these. It's kind of a nice change of pace from trying to subtly insert all of these character threads into the story to just, er, saying it. If that makes absolutely any sense...
   But yeah. This week's character is Loorarc. He is Brutan's good friend and hope you all enjoy learning about him because heisoneofmysweetbabies,okay.
   *Clears throat* This is an old picture, and I don't really like it, but the other one I drew.... No. Nonononono. So here it is.




Okey-dokey! Let us dive directly in to this thing with out further pomp and to-do.


Me: Hello Loorarc!
Loorarc: *Tips head and smiles a little* Hello.
Me: Are you doing alright today?
Loorarc: Yeah.
Me: Okay. That's good, that's good. You ready to start?
Loorarc: I'm ready.
Me: *Smiles* Great. Here's the first question...
   What is your full name? And do you have a nickname?
L: My name is Loorarc Varquery. My nickname is Rar.
M: Who calls you that?
L: ... What do you mean?
M: I mean, who calls you Rar? Your friends, your family?
L: Well, um, everyone kind of does. Loorarc is a bit of a mouthful, you know. *Stares at writer*
M: I know, I know. I still like it though. Next question.
   What is your hair and eye color?
L: My hair is black and my eyes are blue.
M:  What color of blue?
L: I, I don't know. Is that even one of the questions? *Tries to take paper from writer*
M: *Wrenches paper away* It's not, but I thought the readers would like to know. Now, what shade of blue are your eyes?
L: I guess they're kind of a light blue. Is that better, oh Great Writer?
M: *Glares* Yes, it is. Next question.
   What kind of distinguishing facial features do you have?
L: Apparently my light blue eyes.
M: *GrowlsAside from that, Loorarc.
L: *Smirks* I don't think I have anything. But does the writer disagree?
M: No, I do not. You're about to have a bruise the size of my fist on your cheek, though. Let's move on.
   Do you have a birthmark and/or scars? Where are they located?
L: Um, no I don't have either.
M: You do have a birthmark somewhere though, right?
L: I probably do...
M: Yup. Now let's see...
   Who are your friends, family and those closest to you? Who do you wish was closer to you?
L: My friends are Brutan and, um... A few other people. I have my mother, Caressa, and my sister, Neena. I don't really wish anyone was closer to me.
M: Are you sure?
L: Uh, yeah. I am.
M: Okay, okay.
   Where were you born? Where have you lived since then, and where do you call home right now?
L: I was born in the Village. I've lived there my entire life, but right now... I'm not sure where I call home to be honest.
M: That's a good answer, Rar.
  Where do you go when you're angry?
L: I, I don't know. A lot of places.
M: Name a few.
L: I go to the forest sometimes. I might take a walk... It just kind of depends.
M: Alright. Good enough.
     What is your biggest fear? Who have you told this to? Who would you never tell this to? Why?
L: Wait just a minute. You didn't say there were questions like this on here.
M: I didn't think I needed to.
L: Why is that on here?
M: ...Because this questionnaire is for the readers to get to know you better. And this question will help with that. So, go ahead and answer it.
L: No.
M:  Excuse me?
L: I don't want to answer it.
M: *Moans and buries head in hands* Please just answer it.  Please.
L: What's your deepest fear?
M: *Looks up*  What?
L: I said, what's your deepest fear?
M: *Stares at character*
L: Not so fun when you have to answer it yourself, is it?
M: *Grunts* Fair point. You win, Rar. You don't have to answer this one.
L: Thank you. Now what's next?
M: Umm...
  Do you have a secret?
L: You can't be serious.
M: Oh, come on! This isn't that hard! Just answer yes or no.
L: Fine. Yes, I do.
M: *Mumbles under breath about stubborn, ridiculous characters* Here's an easier one.
    What makes you laugh out loud?
L: Umm... I don't know, Funny stuff, I guess...?
M: That's not gonna work.
L: Well then... If you tripped on something I would laugh. Hard.
M: *Blinks* I don't believe this.
L: If anyone tripped over something I would probably laugh. So don't feel too bad.
M: I think you'd like slapstick comedy.
L: What kind of comedy?
M: Slapstick. It's kind of like people tripping over things and doing crazy and hysterical stunts. Things like that.
L: Okay. I believe I would.
M: Next question...
   Have you ever been in love? Have you ever had a broken heart?
L: I've never been in love.
M: And?
L: And what?
M: *Sighs* Have you ever had a broken heart? You've got to answer the whole question.
L: *Shrugs* I don't know.
M: *Slams fists against table* Will you just give me an honest answer?!?!?!?
L: Alright, alright! Yeah, I've had a broken heart. Does that make you feel any better?
   *Pause*
M: *Sighs again* I'm sorry, Rar. I shouldn't have yelled at you.
L: It's fine.
M: No, it's not. I'm really sorry, okay?
L: *Smiles a little* Okay. It really is fine, though.
M: *Smiles back* Whatever you say, I guess... Let's keep moving on.
   What kind of food do you have right now? What's on your bedroom floor? On your night-table? In your garbage?
L: Food? I don't really know. *Grins* That's my mother's job. And I've got a lot on my floor. There's a lot of clothes, and... Just a bunch of stuff really. Same with my garbage. There's some paper and other things you'd normally find in there.
M: Alright.
   What shoes are you wearing right now? What do you usually wear?
L: Right now I'm wearing a pair of black boots. I actually don't really wear anything but boots, to be honest. At least I wear more than one of pair of boots, unlike someone I know...
M: *Grins* That is a good thing. A very, very good thing.
   When you think of the kitchen in your house, what smell do you associate with it?
L: *Thinks* Rashaberry pie. My mother really does make the best rashaberry pie I have ever eaten. And it always makes the kitchen smells so good. *Smiles wistfully*
M: That sounds good.
   You're doing an intense cleaning of you room. What is easy for you to throw out? What is difficult for you to part with? Why?
L: I wouldn't really have a difficult time getting rid of anything. There, there are a few things my father gave me that I would never give up.
M: Of course. We're nearly finished, by the way.
L: Thank the Redeemer...
M: For Millie's sake, you and Brutan...
   What do you do Last-day at noon?
L: Hmm...Sometimes I wander around. I might take a walk in the forest. I'll probably be more likely to be Training or eating lunch at that time.
 M: Good answer.
   What is one strong memory that has stuck with you from childhood? Why is it so powerful and lasting?
L: Can I skip this one too?
M: No Rar, you can't. You can choose any strong memory from your childhood. It doesn't have to be the strongest one.
L: *Sighs* Alright. One of my strongest childhood memories is when I shot my first negla in the forest. My father took me hunting one evening, neither of us expecting to get anything... But there it was. A negla just a few paces away, practically begging one of us to take it down. So my father let me. I, I really think that was one of the best moments in my life. *Chuckles sheepishly*
M: *Smiles fondly at character* Here's the last question!
  You're getting ready for a night out. Where are you going? What do you wear? Who will you be with?
L: Uh, I'd probably be forced to wear my dress clothes. And I'd probably be going to a banquet, with a bunch of Learners and my family. 
M: You guys don't get out much, huh? 
L: *Blinks* What's that supposed to mean? 
M: Nothing, nothing. Well Rar, we're all finished!
L: I can't believe I survived that. 
M: *Rolls eyes* It wasn't that bad. 
L: Whatever you want to tell yourself. *Grins* I guess I'll talk to you later, oh Great Writer. *Bows mockingly* 
M: I guess so, oh Impossible Character. Thank you for being mostly cooperative. 
L: Not a problem. *Waves awkwardly at readers* Wamareck everyone. 


Whoo!! That took me an unexpectedly long time. And it's late, so I hope it's not too horrible and that you enjoyed yourself a little. Next week's interview is with Naraneel, and it's the LAST ONE!!! So I hope to see you all there. Have a wonderful week!

MR

No comments:

Post a Comment