Tuesday, February 23, 2016

#goodbyegravityfalls

Hello, readers.
   Well, I'm back again a little bit later than promised, but oh well, you probably expected that, didn't you? But here is the Gravity Falls post I told you I would share. This is the last one I will (probably) be putting up for awhile, since my last few have been pretty Gravity Falls oriented. :P Also, I will have pictures of my Mabel cosplay throughout instead of the spoiler-y images I really want to post...
   It turned out that I was able to watch the Gravity Falls finale on Monday after all. And I'm kind of going to talk about that, in a completely spoiler free way. Maybe... (I'll put up spoiler warnings if I have any)
   Monday was a holiday, so my brother and I didn't have school and my dad had the day off. So we took a day and went on the town. It was a lot of fun! We went and looked at some shops filled with stuff I loved but couldn't afford, probably got a few weird stares from people about the full-on Mabel cosplay I was wearing, but I was totally fine with it. We were out for the majority of the day having fun and hanging out and didn't get back until about 4:00.


   All day I was rather excited about the impending Gravity Falls finale that I didn't think I would be able to watch that day. But when I got home, I just had to see if there was some way I could.
   And what do you know.
   I find a livestream of the show. Which was great, right? Except I was halfway through the stream. In the middle of the blessed episode.
   I was more excited than words could fully express. So I squeal and exit out before I see any spoilers and tell my brother. After a bit more careful searching, I figure out that the episode is airing two times back to back. We still had some time before the second stream, so my mom and I went to the playground across the street and took some pictures of my Mabel cosplay and then went to the grocery store.
   Which ended up being a ginormously-huge-vast mistake.
   'Cause we missed the second stream by, like, 10 minutes. That was a low point of the day.
   After about another hour of stalking and searching for an online sight where I could watch the new episode, my search is unsuccessful and I am just a bit upset.
   But I still cling onto hope.
   So I hop in the shower, thinking that something will be up by the time I'm out.
   There wasn't.
   So I continue to desperately search for another thirty minutes or so. And  then, finally, I find it and my brother and I grab a blanket and my tablet, settle down on our desk chairs, and watch it.
   In the end, I should have just had more patience and waited another few hours after I missed the livestream instead of stressing about how I could find it. But lemme tell you.
   That finale was completely worth all the searching.
    It was perfect. I mean, seriously, it was perfect. 
    It was so emotionally driven, the characters had some very real high and low moments, the animation was spectacular as it always is, the music was amazing, the plot was everything you'd want from a Gravity Falls episode. There were some heart-wrenching moments where I had the burning desire to chuck my tablet across the room as hard as I could, find Alex Hirsch, punch him in the face, and then fall to my knees and sob like an infant. I ended up just sticking to sobbing like an infant for nearly the entire second half of the episode. Actually, if I think too much about the episode I'll start crying. I'm going to try and avoid that, so let's move on.
   The best word I can think to describe the episode is... Perfect, really. It was perfect.
   Everything came together and tied itself up, while still leaving enough loose ends to leave the story alive in our hearts and possibly keep things open for the future?????? *Throws violent hints to Alex Hirsch*
   And that ending scene. Man, if you've seen it then you know what I'm talkin' about. Yeah, that scene.
   It broke me. I am broken from that scene. That sequence of scenes. The entire finale broke me, okay?!
   But the worst part of all of it is this.
   It's over. Gravity Falls is over for what might very well be for good. And I've only been in this fandom for a few months, but I've become so attached. I mean, I JUST JUMPED ON THIS CRAZY BANDWAGON AND NOT IT'S ROLLING TO A STOP!!!!!! WHY?!?!?!?!??!
  Seriously, guys. If you haven't seen this episode, if you have yet to watch this show, what the heck are you doing still sitting here reading this post???? Go now! Go now and watch it, right now, now NOW! Then we can all talk and cry about the glorious story that is Gravity Falls.
   So, yes. The episode was phenomenal, the entire show was, and I'm not giving up on some kind of continuation in the future.

   See you next summer!

MR

No comments:

Post a Comment