Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Life is Weird and So is My Thought Process

Heyo everyone!
   Whomp, look who's late again. Me. It's me. I'm late at posting once again, and I am so sorry! To be honest, I haven't had any spectacular blogging ideas as of late, but I am going to change that. I will be blogging regularly from now on! By the by, if you all have any suggestions or ideas for posts and such that would be fantabulous. :D ((Also, what do you think of the new blog design??? Pretty snazzy? Pretty lame? Tell me, tell me!))
   If you've read the title of this post, you're probably wondering what the heck I'm going to be blogging about today. Well folks. Today you are going to get a little peek into my mind. Or, my thought process and how I think about weird things. I've been kind of toying with the idea of setting aside another day of the week for these kind of (hopefully) shorter posts exploring the dark regions of my psyche, so this is like an experimental test.
   This will either be really exciting or super-dooper lame. But there's no way to know unless you try, am I right?
   So, I kind of get these extremely strange thoughts all the time for no reason. Like, I'll be brushing my teeth and suddenly I'm thinking about how short life is and I'm squandering it on this mundane routine. I mean seriously, this happens all of the time at the strangest moments. The following is one of those thoughts.
   I am 99% sure that most of the people that read my blog are young, as in teens or maybe early twenties. I'm only 16 myself, so that doesn't really come as a surprise. So yeah, a bunch of young people on here, right?
   Okay, good.
   I've recently been pondering the concept of school and high-school in particular. I used to be of the very strong opinion that pretty much everything you learn in high-school is a giant waste of time. I mean seriously, are you going to use any of this stuff ever??? But then I had a thought that thoroughly countered this very strong opinion of mine. The purpose of high-school is to give kids a taste of everything they can do, let them try a few things out so they can find something they enjoy and go do something with it. Which makes sense in the long run, unless you already know what you'd like to do as you get older. Which makes a little less sense, but that's another blog post for another day.
   This thought then led to another one in turn. High-school and school in general are such a small part of life. I mean the average human has a lifespan of 70-80 years, give or take some time depending on health issues and all of that fun stuff. School takes about 13 years from start to finish, including high school which takes 4. In the grand scheme of things, this is a very small part of your life. I mean, 13 out of 80 isn't that long, is it? No it's not.
   Consequently, this time of school also takes up a good part of your childhood. You start school at about 5 years old, and you do it until you're about 18. Boom, childhood gone.
   People put so much emphasis and stress on this time of your life, especially in high school. You've gotta learn all of these things so you can then learn these things and then go and do these things. Everyone always tells you how important school and high-school are, how important your childhood is and how you don't want to squander this time, yadda yadda ya. Do you guys get my point?
   No? Well here. The point is that you still have about, eh, I don't know 60+ years of life left when it's all said and done. And we spend all of our teen and maybe even our childhood years, all 18 of them, stressing about what we're going to do with this huge amount of time while we only have this short time to have some carefree time but we only spend all of this time worrying about what we're going to do with our time and this doesn't make any sense, but good because that's the point.
   I mean, isn't our childhood supposed to be, like, fun? Aren't we supposed to enjoy this carefree part of our life for the short time it lasts?? But instead we worry about how we're going to figure out the rest of our 60+ years???? It don't make no sense!
   Listen, I ain't sayin' you should be one of those YOLO idiots who squanders their teen years on partying and drinking and drugs and ends up ruining what's left of their lives. Be wise, prepare a little, but man! You don't have to get a job when you're 14, you don't have to go to college the moment you finish high-school, you don't have to know exactly what you're going to do with your life the moment you turn 18. I mean, you want to think about it, you want to start planning, but you don't have to have a detailed outline of every step you take from now until you retire. There's nothing wrong with being a fry cook for a little while until while you figure things out and save up a little money. Relax! Because the truth is you do only live once, and a couple years from now you're going to wish you hadn't spent all of your childhood stressing.
   Dang it all, God has a plan and it's hard because you wanna see it, but I promise you that He does have one and that He doesn't want you having anxiety and depression and all of that rotten stuff because you're feeling all of this pressure to plan your entire life out before you even graduate high-school!!!!
   So you know what. Imma tell you what you need to do. You need to exit out of this dumb post, find some old Looney Tunes to watch, grab a Capri-Sun and some mac and cheese, wrap yourself up in a blanket with your favorite stuffed animals and laugh your self silly at the hilarious stunts Bugs Bunny gets into while trying to not spew food and/or drink all over your computer screen. 'Cause this time of your life was made for enjoying so that's what you'd better do with it before it's all gone.

MR

2 comments:

  1. First of all nice blog layout. And aaaah thank you so much for this reminder! It really needs to be reinforced in my mind, because I always end up stressing. A lot of it is peer pressure that makes people stress about it. ):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And, aw, glad I could be helpful! Geesh, I totally understand. I think it's just horrible that people put so much pressure and stress on each other. I guess to a certain degree you have to just say "whatever" and move at your own pace, even though that can be super hard.

      Delete