Monday, June 15, 2015

Character Introductions!!!

*Mimics fanfare* Doo-do-da-dooooo!! I'm back! :D
   So I've seen a few other authors do character interviews on their blogs before. Like, when you take your characters from your novel or fanfiction or whatever you're writing on and give them questions to answer. I've always thought it looked super fun, and that is why I'm going to give it a shot.
   Basic overview of this thing: once a week on my usual blog posting time for the next four weeks I'm going to post an interview with one of four selected characters. These interviews will consist of an illustration of this character (drawn by meeeee) along with the interview itself and probably a lot of sarcasm depending on who I'm interviewing. So in case you follow me on Pinterest ((which you probably do, since that's where like, 90% of my views come from)) and you've been wondering who in the world these characters are, here's your chance to get to know them!
   The four characters I will be interviewing, along with some photos/people that look similar to them are....
   1st week: Brutan, my main character
Image taken from Pinterest

 











   2nd week: Breeta, one of Brutan's friends
Image taken from Pinterest

   

















3rd week: Loorarc, another one of his friends
Image taken from Pinterest


   












4th week: Naraneel, a mentor of Brutan and Breeta's that doesn't really come into play into later on in the first book. ((But he plays a pretty big part in the rest of the series, so I guess he's kind of one of my main characters....))
Image taken from Pinterest




















There you go! My characters that you'll be getting to know in these next few weeks. :) And now I'm going to share with you the questions I'll be asking (adjusted into interview form, of course) :

Gotham Character Questionnaire


(This was taken from here)

  • What is your characters name? Does the character have a nickname?
  • What is your characters hair color? Eye color?
  • What kind of distinguishing facial features does your character have?
  • Does your character have a birthmark? Where is it? What about scars? How did he get them?
  • Who are your characters friends and family? Who does she surround herself with? Who are the people your character is closest to? Who does he wish he were closest to?
  • Where was your character born? Where has she lived since then? Where does she call home?
  • Where does your character go when hes angry?
  • What is her biggest fear? Who has she told this to? Who would she never tell this to? Why?
  • Does she have a secret?
  • What makes your character laugh out loud?
  • When has your character been in love? Had a broken heart?
  • What is in your characters refrigerator right now? On her bedroom floor? On her nightstand? In her garbage can?
  • Look at your characters feet. Describe what you see there. Does he wear dress shoes, gym shoes, or none at all? Is he in socks that are ratty and full of holes? Or is he wearing a pair of blue and gold slippers knitted by his grandmother?
  • When your character thinks of her childhood kitchen, what smell does she associate with it? Sauerkraut? Oatmeal cookies? Paint? Why is that smell so resonant for her?
  • Your character is doing intense spring cleaning. What is easy for her to throw out? What is difficult for her to part with? Why?
  • Its Saturday at noon. What is your character doing? Give details. If hes eating breakfast, what exactly does he eat? If shes stretching out in her backyard to sun, what kind of blanket or towel does she lie on?
  • What is one strong memory that has stuck with your character from childhood? Why is it so powerful and lasting?
  • Your character is getting ready for a night out. Where is she going? What does she wear? Who will she be with?


So yeah. These'll be fun. :) 
Before I sign off for the week, I thought I'd give you an update on how my book, The Secret Key, is going. As of right now I have 56,588 words, 86 pages (that's in 12 point Times New Roman font with no line spacing) and 15 chapters. I'm thinking it's going to be about 29 chapters total, so I believe I can safely conclude that it's going to be a big book. I have yet to figure out if it's any good or not....
   Thanks for pushing through this large ramble of a post, and I hope to see you next week and the weeks following for these character interviews, dearest reader. :)

MR


 

No comments:

Post a Comment