Monday, August 3, 2015

Washington Coast Trip: Part 1

G'day, readers!
   Did everyone have a good week? I hope so! :D
   ((OKAY. So, I've got quite a few pictures to dig through for this post.... But I've got some really cool ones, so it'll be worth it. :) Yeah, that picture you now see floating at the top of my blog? That's one of the ones I took.
   Before I begin... I'm going to try really hard to not let this drag on and on forever and ever and ever. So, there will be 3 posts in this series, and each post will have NO MORE than thirty pictures. Along with a brief explanation underneath them. :) ))
   And now, let us begin!
   My family and I went on a trip to the Washington Coast a few weeks ago. We stayed in a little town called Forks, just a few miles away from the coast. Apparently, Forks is the town where the Twilight saga was filmed, or where it takes place, or something like that.
   Lemme tell you. There were whole STORES dedicated to Twilight, Twilight themed motel rooms, Twilight souvenirs. Twilight. EVERYWHERE.
   *Shudders* But, we didn't spend much time in the town itself. We were mostly on the coast, or hiking to the coast.
   The ocean was worth all of the Twilight everything. It was so beautiful. I mean, going to the ocean has been a dream of mine for a loooooong time.And I actually got to go and live that dream. It was amazing!!
   But now I'm rambling. Gahhhh. Okay, picture time. Here we go.

Watching the sun rise as we got up bright and early on our way! I think this might be the first time I've ever seen the sun rise before....

Here we are, a few hour later. We're close to Yakima, Washington at this point, and this is the barren wasteland we were driving through. It was hot. Like, 113 degrees hot. MISERABLE hot. 

Oh. Oh look. 113 degree weather, and our car catches on fire. ON FIRE. Well, something happened with the oil thing-a-ma-jig, causing it to burn... So we're driving down the road, about thirty minutes away from Yakima. And my dad spots Mt. Rainier. So he says, "Look, it's Mount Rainier!" Followed quickly by, "We're on fire!" Our entire trunk area was packed full of stuff, so we couldn't see behind us. And I guess that we were travelling fast enough that the smoke was just flowing right under us. But my dad glanced in one of the side mirrors and saw the smoke billowing up in our wake. So we jump out, dad opens the hood after a minute, sees the oil spilled everywhere.... Great. But we had some friends that live in Yakima that we were already planning on seeing. So they got a mechanic friend, drove out to the middle of nowhere where we were stranded, and drove us to Yakima. We actually had to get a rental in order to continue with the rest of our trip, but the damage wasn't too bad on our little ol' Blazer. Thus, after about an hour or two of detour, we made it back on the road. 

Skipping ahead a few hours. After eating lunch at this yummy little café, we continue on and spot this waterfall. Mmm, it was gorgeous!

Ah! Mt. Rainier itself! Stopped in a little pull in to get this picture. 

After a few more LONG, LONG hours of driving, we make it close to our destination. And through the tress, we see it. The thing we've been travelling over 10 hours to see. The ocean. We pull over on the side of the road, and take a trail a little ways down to get a good look. And there it is. So, I present to you, our very first glimpse of the beautiful Washington coast. 

We finally make it to camp that Saturday night and get everything set up. And we wake up the next morning and go to church in Port Angeles. Here's a picture of where we went. 

After this, we do a little shopping. Not enough shopping, not enough at all. We only visited ONE STORE. But, this is the store we went to, and it was seriously cool!!! It had just the kind of weird, out-of-the-ordinary type things that I so love. They even had Doctor Who Yahtzee, for all of you Whovians out there. ;)

Yes. YYYYEEEESSSSSS. After getting a calzone from Gordy's pizza, we drive back to Forks area, and head to our first beach, Rialto. Cue crazed excitement from all four members of my family. 

Another shot of the lovely ocean. 

Rialto was the rockiest beach we went to. I mean, rocks EVERYWHERE. But, I love rocks. And I also love this shot. 

Ocean again!!

Allow me to give you a mental image of Rialto. There's the wide Pacific ocean, then there's all of these lovely rocks, then there's piles and loads of twisted driftwood. And then there's this gnarly Pacific rainforest. I mean..... IT'S LIKE PARADISE, PEOPLE!!!!

I also love this shot. Very, very much so. 


Do you know how many pictures I took of the crashing waves?? DO YOU?!?!

Tully's coffee. Yum-er-oon. 
Hiking into.... Third beach. I think.... All of the different beaches kind of run together....


I also really like this shot. I just have this thing for mist..... 
THIRD BEACH!!!!
More of Third beach and the surrounding landscape. 

So, if you hike over this ridge by on Third beach, you reach this place called Taylor Point. It's supposed to be more secluded and all of that stuff. So we did. And wow. That was a pretty tough hike, hehheh. Here's an example of what we had to walk over.
Taylor Point!! And one of the many cool rocks in that area. 

Taylor Point again...

Here's a little sea cave/arch/hollow. You might note how the rocks have a neat reddish tint to them

Ah. Another shot of Taylor Point that I'm rather fond of. 

*Mimics fanfare* Ta-da! It is now Tuesday, and we are on our way to what I believe is Second Beach! Geesh, the landscapes and forests in this area were breathtaking! I almost liked them as much as the ocean.

I also have this thing for gnarly roots and the like....

Let's take a moment and appreciate the awesomeness of this tree. LOOK AT THIS THING!! It's practically screaming at me to build a tree house on it! It's even got a built-on slide for Millie's sake!

SECOND BEACH!!! This is my favorite of the beaches we went on. :)


And one last shot of Second beach before I wrap this ginormous post up. 

   WOW THIS REALLY IS HUGE!!!! But, thanks to all of you who stuck with it! I'm actually moving through this at a reasonable pace. I'm already on day three, and it's only part one! Yay!! XD 
    See you all next week, when I will continue to blog about this wonderful, amazing trip. 

   MR

No comments:

Post a Comment