Sunday, August 9, 2015

Washington Coast Trip: Part 2




I'm back! :D
And ready to get some blogging done. I hope everyone's had a great week. :) I haven't had anything too exciting. Aside from me getting a second pair of Converse.... *Laughs maniacally*
   But yeah. Let's get on with this thing, shall we?
   ((So, I left off with us at Second beach...))

I might have drawn a certain nurse-bot in the sand....

Behold!!! Our mighty sandcastle!! 

Rock in the ocean with a little forest growing up out of it. There were many of these. And also a piece of driftwood peeking around the corner...

This is either a shrimp or some kind of weird bug whose name I can't remember....

Oh, how I love those waves!! 
One of the many jellyfish pieces we found. This one was little teeny tiny.

Misty green landscape... *Drools*

Okay. Look at this thing. You know what this is? It's a float. I don't know my languages very well, but is that writing not Japanese?! This thing floated all the way from Japan or somewhere to the Washington coast!! What?!

Misty rock and ocean... *Continues to drool*

I took so many pictures of this spot as we got closer and closer to it. So I did you all a favor by not posting all of them. XP
A sea cave. And a blurry photograph of my parents. 


I couldn't resist another shot of the landscape. 

There's a bit of a story behind this. One day, my mother and I were in the Walmart near where I lived. And I saw a Big Hero 6 towel. I showed it to Mom, and she endured my nerding with patience before we moved on. I thought for sure that I could bring some money next time and buy one. The next time we came, they were gone. Gone. So I continue to search fruitlessly. Until we go on our trip. In the Walmart in Port Angeles, I finally find another BH6 towel. We were actually in the Walmart to buy towels, so this was the perfect opportunity. I didn't pass it up this time around.


I just loved the mist and the ocean and the rocks and pretty much everything. 

From inside the sea cave. This was a really cool moment. The tide was coming in, so the waves would rush in through the crack and swirl around my ankles, trying to get to the back of the cave. Before they would be pulled back in on themselves and pushed aside by the next wave... I could have watched it all day. :)

The sun came out for just a minute, but it was still foggy, but everything was blue, and THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHOTS, OKAY!!!!! 
Birds, rock... Gorgeous view... 
The surrounding landscape. And some random lady who got in the way of my picture. *Shakes fist at lady* 

Heading back from Second beach. So, I actually touched this squirrel. He was so cute, and so focused on the nut he was eating I don't think he even realized I was there. I got about as close as my camera is in this shot, and put a finger to his fluffy little tail.  He then jumped a little, hesitantly took the nut out of his mouth, and eventually made his way into the undergrowth. 
The sunlight filtering through the trees

On Wednesday, my dad and brother took a day to do some fishing. So, we went to this river, and here are some strange and cool flower type things I took a picture of on the hike.

Another strange and cool flower thing

That evening we went back to Second beach. Today, the sun was actually shining! So, blue, blue, blue everywhere. :)


Foam and blue.... 
Family. <3

Behheh! I miss the ocean!!

There were so many cool tide pools. We saw so many starfish and sea anemones.... It was lovely.  

A sea arch.... 

Some sunshine and ocean.
And one last shot to wrap up this post and Second beach. :)

   There we go! Next week is the last part in this little series. I'll cover watching the sunset at Ruby beach, the Hall of Mosses, and heading home. Using no more than thirty pictures.... I might go a little over the limit I set for myself next week. 
   Thanks for reading/looking! :D Have a great week!

MR

No comments:

Post a Comment