Monday, October 5, 2015

I haz.... Blog Award???

Hey guys!
   So like... I GOT TAGGED IN A BLOG AWARD THINGY-MA-JIG!!! AH MAH GAWSH!!! Like, I'm a little excited!! Hehheh!!
   But yeah. I've never done this before, so we shall see how I do. :P

   The wonderful Bronze the Sling tagged me over here at her blog: http://squigglyrambler.blogspot.com/2015/10/blog-award-tag.html
   You all should go check it out!! It's pretty dang neat!
Here is da rules, copied from her blog...1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog. 2. Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided. 3. Nominate four other bloggers. 4. Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nomination. (I am only going to do six so as not to overwhelm you all. :P)

1. If you could go anywhere in the world, for however long you wanted, for free, and bring one person, where would you go and who would you bring?
   Without a shadow of a doubt I would go to Scotland. I mean... Major dream right here. I've even started saving up some money to go one day after I graduate...
   But who would I bring?? That's a very good question. A very hard question. I guess it all depends on where I was at in life. If I was married/in a relationship (which I'm not), then I would obviously bring him. But if I went, say, tomorrow, I think I'd probably bring my friend Mikaylea. *Waves at Mikaylea in case she's reading*

2. If you could go to any fictional place in any fictional world and bring one person, where would you go and who would you bring?

   DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW DIFFICULT THIS QUESTION IS??? Anyway...
   I think I'd probably go to Berk. Don't make me choose between movie!verse and book!verse. 'Cause I really can't choose between those two. And I'd probably bring my brother, since we both so dearly love HTTYD. Me more so than him, but that's beside the point.

3. Pretend you've never heard of [fictional or real person here]. One day you sit next to them on a train for several hours. What do you suppose they'd think of you, and what would you think of them?

   Another toughie, dang it! Well, for starters, I'm going to say this person is a fictional character. And now I don't know who to choose. 
   Maybe I'll go with one of my OC's!! Brutan, let's say. 
   Well, let's see. He'd sit down on the train across from me because there were no other seats available. He would much rather sit alone, but he doesn't let it show. He'd smile at me and ask if it was alright if he sat across from me. 
   I'd tell him of course it was, and as he mumbled a thank you, I'd come to the conclusion that he's a little awkward, but very gentlemanly and sincere. 
   I can't imagine us talking much, due to the fact that we're both awkward. But maybe at some point in the journey I go to take a sip of my tea at the same time we hit a bump in the tracks. And I spill it all over my favorite shirt. I sputter in surprise and Brutan gets shocked out of the book he was reading. He jumps up and looks around for a minute while trying to find some napkins. He finally finds some and gives me this massive handful. I manage to thank him, entire face growing a darker, deeper shade of read by the minute.  He says it was no problem and sits back down across from me after making sure I don't need anything else. He keeps glancing up at me to make sure I'm alright and I throw a hoodie on to cover up the giant wet splotch on my shirt. This has got to be one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. 
   But at least he's a gentleman.
   And holy cow, THIS IS TURNING INTO A FULL BLOWN STORY!! I'M GOING TO END IT HERE BEFORE IT GROWS ANYMORE!!

4. What's your favorite season and why?

   Hmmm...Probably winter with fall being a close second. Why? Well, winter means snow and cold and cocoa and my birthday and CHRISTMAS!! It's just so cozy and magical and perfect. When you watch the snow drift from the sky, and you cuddle up a little deeper into your fuzzy blanket and big sweater and let out a deep breath, a smile growing on your face as you can feel the magic that comes with this time of the year. Sneaking upstairs after everyone's gone to bed and sitting in the light of the Christmas tree, the warm glow from the lights dancing in your eyes. Going to Christmas Eve services and trying to sleep that night because you know your dad is going to wake you up at like, 5, and it's getting later and later as you toss and turn and wonder what you're going to get and hope that everyone likes what you got them. 
    And here I go again. 
   I just really love winter, okay???


   And there we go! :D
   Now it's time for me to ask some questions and tag some bloggers....
   
   1. What is your favorite time of year?
   2. If you could spend however much money you wanted on one piece of original artwork, who would the artist be and what picture would it be? 
   3.What is your favorite genre to read?
   4. If you could choose one of your OC's to meet, who would it be and why? 
   5. Do you listen to Owl City and/or Sleeping at Last? If so, do you have a favorite song from them and what is it? 
   6.What is your favorite warm beverage? 

   *Fanfare plays* I now nominate the following bloggers...
  
   Emmarayn Redding: http://writinginrivendell.blogspot.com/

   Artsy Abilane: http://artsy-abilaine.blogspot.com/  

   Nina D:  http://ponderousthoughtsairiefeelings.blogspot.com/

   Mikaylea O'Brien: https://cometotheinkwell.wordpress.com/
   (Hopefully not breaking any rules by tagging a Wordpress blogger....)

   And there we go! Those of you who I tagged, feel free to respond to this, but don't feel any pressure to! :D And thanks again, Bronze, for tagging me!
   Have a great week, readers, and until next time!

   MR

6 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks!
    YAYY! So glad you did this! :D :D
    AAAAAAAAAAAA HTTYD FOREVER!!! *high fives* BEST MOVIE EVER
    Awwwwwwwwwww!!!! I love Brutan!! <3 Which story is he from?
    I adore your description of winter. You nailed it. That's just why I love it so much... cores, I could start a blog just for ranting about how much I love winter.
    I really enjoyed this! Thanks for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!! It was so much fun! :D
      AND YES IT IS!!! *High fives back* Have you read the books??
      Brutan is from my Shadow's Bane series. AKA, the book I'm working on right now. :) And thank you, I love him too. :P
      Oh, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Heehee, I just love that time of year so much. And you should do a blog post on it!!
      Thanks for tagging me! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tag! I'll do it as soon as I can. :D

    I like your description of meeting Brutan on the train. If I didn't know better, I'd think you'd just met your true love! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, I can't wait to read it!! :D
      Thank you! Haha, yeah I was writing it and thinking 'wait a minute...' :P

      Delete
  3. These are soo interesting. =D I love your short story with Brutan. =)

    ReplyDelete