Sunday, November 8, 2015

Thanksgiving Thankfulness: Part 1

Hello readers!!
   We are now 9 days into November! Geesh, we're almost halfway through the month! I'd better get cracking on my NaNoWriMo goals. How are yours coming along, if you happen to be participating this year? I've succeeded in writing about 8,000 words this last week, which isn't too bad over all. I'm going to shoot for 10,000 this week though, so wish me luck!


   So guys. Even though places like Walmart and everywhere else are trying their best to convince you that there's no such thing as Thanksgiving and it's time to just go ahead and move onto Christmas, they're wrong. Thanksgiving does still exist and it just so happens to be on the 26th of this very month. And since I am desperately trying to finish my book before the end of the month, and since Thanksgiving is all about being thankful, I have a few blog posts lined up that are in line with that.
   Every week for the next three weeks leading up to Thanksgiving, I am going to be listing ten things I'm thankful for. Along with my reasons behind that. I'd also like to challenge all of you to do the same in the comments! I'd love to see what you guys are thankful for. :)

Let's begin!

1. Jesus 
   Of course guys. Of course. How could the first thing on my list not be Jesus? He freed me from my sin, from the guilt tearing at my soul and gave me new life. OF COURSE I'M MORE THANKFUL FOR HIM THAN ANYTHING ELSE!! He meekly gave his life as an offering for the sins I had committed. He gave himself for me. So yes, Jesus is the first thing on my list.

2. Family
   I truly love my family. I love my mom, my dad, my brother, even though they all mess up and make mistakes. I do the same thing more than they do and they still love me. My family is just pretty amazing. :) I don't know what I'd do without them. Even my little brother, annoying though he can be. :P

3. Beagles!!
   I love my tiny beagle babies!!!! :D Buck and Beulah, who I've posted pictures of before. Buck is such a cute cuddly sweetie, even though he can be a little cranky at times. And Beulah is just this squishy ball of cuddliness who always wants to give you loves... She's just sweet, okay?! They both are!!

4. Home
   Man, I have a house to live in!! That is so awesome! Not only that, but I have a totally awesome room that holds some big ol' bookshelves, a bed, a yarn area, 2 small desks, all of my art junk, a dresser and a shoe rack, and it even has a book nook! My house is nice and cozy during the winter and nice and cool during the summer. I am truly blessed in this area.

5. Friends
   I've only got a couple friends, but those I do have mean a lot to me. You guys are all awesome, and I am so glad I have each of you in my life!!! :)

6. Church
   I am so grateful that I have an absolutely wonderful church! Not only that, but I have pretty much the best church family ever, but the fact that I can even go to church without any persecution is amazing. Amazing, guys. Sure, we have some issues with space and stuff, but man. My church is wonderful, and I love you all!! :D
 
7. Art
   Mmmmm, I love art!! Man, some of the things people create from a chunk of wood and led and some mushed up trees....

8. Boookkksss
   Yeah. OH yeah. I am so thankful to live in a place where I can get whatever kind of books whenever I want. Like, have you ever thought about the Dark Ages? I mean, thank about that, all of you book nerds. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SO HORRIBLE!! You not only couldn't buy books if you were the everyday average citizen, and there weren't libraries like we have now. So yes, I am very thankful that I have books and that I have access to them.

9. HORSES!!!
   *Screams* Yesss!!!!!!!! I love these animals so much! So beautiful, so powerful, just... Horses!!! Even though I don't yet have a horse, I just love them so much and am very thankful for them!

10. Music
   What would I do without this? It inspires me when I write and draw, it comforts me when I'm upset, it speaks to me on a deeper level than most humans ever directly ever could, it fires me up, it cools me off. Music is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Yeah, there's some pretty crummy stuff out there, but there's a crummy part to everything. But there's also a whole lot of good stuff out there, and that's the part of it that I love. (By the way, does anyone listen to Andrew Peterson? 'Cause you should)

Ah!!! There! I did it. :P Now to just think of 20 more good things, which is surprisingly difficult when you actually have to make a list.
   So, what are you guys thankful for? Leave them in the comments below! See you all next week, and have a great 2nd week of November!

MR

No comments:

Post a Comment