Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Year in Review and Looking Ahead.

Guys.
   Guys. 
   I haven't blogged in weeks. Weeks. I am so very, very sorry!!!! Life has been slightly insane over here, though, so I actually have a pretty good excuse, believe it or not! There was the holidays, and my grandpa was visiting, then my great-grandpa just passed away a few days ago and there's a lot of family and three of them are staying at our house and I am desperately trying to clean up my art-barf of a room before they get here, all without trying to pull my hair out and run around screaming at the chaotic unplanned-ness of it all.
   So yeah. Pr-etty psycho crazy.
   *Takes deep breath*
    But aside from all of that! I had a really great Christmas time! Like I said, my grandpa came to visit for the holiday, so that was totally awesome! He's hilarious. And also unnervingly like my father. And my brother.
   I got a digital art tablet for Christmas along with a 132 pack of Prismacolors, and I AM HAVING SO MUCH FUN!!! I've had some technical difficulties getting a program to download on my computer for my tablet, but I think I'm starting to work out the kinks. :P
   We have had such a lovely winter up here! We've gotten about 3 feet of snow dumped down on us, and it's been awesome!!!! And absolutely gorgeous!!






Our Christmas tree was also very pretty. :) And I just really like this picture of this ornament, so what the heck.
   Dang, it is just so beautiful outside right now! These pictures don't even do everything justice....
   But this is only stuff from the last few weeks. This post is supposed to be about the whole year in review, hehheh. I promise to be as brief as I can! :P Thus the reason I will be dividing it into a few highlights.

The biggest highlight would probably be me starting and finishing my first draft. That, that was huge for me. But I've done a whole post dedicated to that, so yeah.

And this is followed closely by our trip to the ocean. I've done a whole series of posts dedicated to this, so I won't say much, but man. That was seriously the best week of my entire life so far.

Another highlight would be when I got one of my drawings published in a book!!!! The wonderful Jill Williamson hosted a contest for young readers such as myself, and I was one of the winners. You probably already know this if you follow me on Pinterest, but what you might not know is that I'm going to be doing a picture for her next two books! So I am pretty dang excited about that!!!!!!!

I also got baptized this year, and I started piano lessons back up, and I am now teaching three piano students. I crocheted a lot, some of my projects including a Hiccup and Toothless, Hiro and Baymax and a Mabel sweater. I turned sixteen, (which also means I can now wear makeup, muahhahhahaha!), I survived driver's ED, I also passed driver's ED, I got my first pair of Converse! I spent a lot of money on nerdy things, I bought book 12 of the HTTYD books (even though I still haven't read it, someone help me), I discovered the magical wonder of amazingness that is Gravity Falls, I utterly fell in love with BH6.
   Gosh, a lot of things happened!!!!!!! Honestly, 2015 was a great year, filled with ups and downs, but with more ups in my opinion. :) I feel like I'm forgetting something important, but oh well, if I remember it I'll share it.
   But yesh. Thus concludes my year in review. And now it is time for me to tell you all about some future plans, hehheh.

    The biggest one is that I have started editing my book. My golly-gosh, I read over my first chapter and I could have cried. I HAVE MY WORK CUT OUT FOR ME, PEOPLE!!!! Ugh.
   My goal is to have it "ready" to be published by the end of the year. Of course, that depends on a lot of things that I kind of don't have control over, but I just want to try my best to have it there.

    I'm also going to start an Etsy shop, this Friday!!! I'll be selling crochet things along with my art. There will be prints, there will be originals, there will be amigurumis, there will be clothes, it will be fun! :D It's called MagesticMakery, by the way. *Inserts shameless self promotion*

   And I am also planning on changing up the look of my blog sometime soon. So don't be too shocked if you click over here one day and everything has changed. :P

    I'd also like to go to ComicCon, the ocean, and Great Britain, but travelling is much expensive and I is young and haz little moneys. So I'll be putting those dreams on the back burner for a little while.

    And that truly concludes my long and winded update!! I hope I didn't bore you all to death, and that you've had a great Christmas as well, that your year was amazing, and that this one is even better!
    Have fun remembering to write 2016 instead of 2015!
 
MR

No comments:

Post a Comment