Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Piano Guys... LIVE!!!

Hey, hey, hey, look who's late!!!!
It's me!!!! I'm late again!!! What a shock!! I mean really!!!

Yeah, back again with no excuse aside from I just wasn't really feelin' the blog post I had written. But I shall continue on with it and hopefully have it up by this Friday.
   Ah gee, I hope you all are doing well. Hope your week was great and that this one is going alright too. And if not, my advice to you is to just keep going and try to focus on the good. Try making something, try drawing something, try writing something. Keep going, my friend. :)
   So yes, as the title might have revealed, I did something very special this week with my dad. We went and saw The Piano guys live!!!! And let me just say. It was... Awesome.
   Steven and Jon were amazing. Man, they just put their heart into it and it went spectacular!! I took a lot of pictures, so prepare yourself for this photo dump.


Here's the arena before the concert. Dad and I got there about 1 hr 45 min early, so we had plenty of time to get in, find our seat, get some merch.


The stage before the concert


And so it begins! 



I think it was right about here when something quite startling happened. We were seated about 5 seats from the stairs. There are three people seated right next to the stairs, which also means that I didn't have to sit next to a stranger, thank the Lord. :) But so, about three songs into the concert. We're sitting there listening to the music and already having a good time. You should be able to see in the next few pictures that there isn't much of a guardrail between the seats and what must be about a 10-12 foot drop off to the next row of seats. And this lady. This poor lady slips on the stairs and falls backwards into the people sitting by the stairs. Thank goodness they caught her so she didn't go flying off into oblivion. :P She was alright, a little shaken up. But yeah, that was quite the fright of the night! 




The played Five Secrets, which was awesome and beautiful, and probably one of my favorites of the night. And one of the coolest parts of it was that they had one of the local youth orchestras come out and play some of the symphony part!!


"Through a Father's Eyes"


And here's the arena during intermission. According to Steven and Jon, there were about 4,500 people.


Another shot that shows more of the back of the room, and also the head of the man who was sitting in front of us. 


Steven's solo



Jon's solo


Ah, here was another interesting part! Jon actually broke one of the piano strings! A member of the crew had to come out and cut it off. 


They played the Amazing Grace and Fight Song mashup for their last song, which was another one of my favorites. And there were live bagpipes, which was so cool!!!



And for an encore, all of the guys came out and played "What Makes You Beautiful". I really wanted to record the standing ovation, because it was awesome. But I was too busy clapping to record. :P



And finally, here's my merch. I got a sweet sticker that I'm planning on putting in my new sketchbook when I get it. And also a t-shirt that was actually for 2015's tour, but I was too cheap to spend $5 more. :P

And so ends my awesome night. There were actually a lot more songs, but I tried to take a picture of every one of them, but I didn't want to take up too much of your time, heehee. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you soon.
MR



4 comments:

  1. Hey! That's super cool that you got to see them live! I didn't know that they did live concerts. :D Good for you. The pictures you took are very good, especially for being in the audience in a dark auditorium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go to a live concert someday! And to go to an artist you love is the best. It sounds like quite an experience! my sister is looking over my shoulder and just told me that when she went to a fancy gala horse show, a woman fell like you describe(news to me, I didn't go). She had to go out on a stretcher though, so thank God yours ended better! Glad you had such a great time :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome!! And it was actually my first time going to a live show like this, so it really added to the experience. Oh my! That would have have been horrible! I'm so glad that didn't happen, haha. XD

      Delete