Saturday, June 4, 2016

A New Day

Hello dear readers. :)
   Happy weekend! I hope your week has been fantastic. I hope you've tried something new, done something challenging, had a little fun, smiled a whole lot, and that you do the same in the weeks to come.
   Everyday, dear reader, you wake up. Your mind is pulled from sleep, your eyes are opened, and you have a whole new day facing you. Sometimes you don't want to wake up, sometimes you wish you had woken up sooner. But it doesn't really matter. Because whether you want it or not, whether you like it or not, here you are, the day is started.
   Seeing that this happens to us everyday, I think that we kind of lose sight of what a new day means. Maybe things were pretty sour yesterday. Maybe you messed up big time, maybe you kept making little mistakes all day, maybe someone was unkind to you, maybe something terrible happened. Or on the flip-side, maybe yesterday was great. Maybe you had lots of fun, maybe you were in a great mood all day, maybe people were nice and wonderful things happened. Those things are still fresh in your mind, but in essence, they're gone. In no way does this day have to be like yesterday.
   Everyday, you wake up and you have a choice. Am I going to repeat yesterday, or is today going to go completely different? Am I going to dwell on the bad things that happened to me yesterday? Am I going to strive to have the same positive attitude I had the day before? It's your choice.
   The fact is, though, that it can be hard sometimes. When people are still unkind to you, when things are even more of a train wreck than they were yesterday, the last thing you want to do is put a smile on your face and be thankful for this new day that you do have. Even if ignoring the unkind things and focusing on what God has done for you helps you feel better, it's hard. It's hard not to snap at people, not to totally lose it, not to cry and ask why this is happening.
   It's your choice to do with your day what you will. Sometimes you're going to have a bad day no matter what, but you attitude makes a hecka lot of difference.
   So make your choice, reader. And step forward, asking God for his strength, and live your day with a smile on your face and hope in your heart.

See you soon.
MR

(( Yes, I know, I didn't post yesterday. But at least I am here today. Although, this post wasn't what I had originally planned to post, but I had the idea and I didn't want to throw it aside. I will do my very best to have the other post up next week!!))

No comments:

Post a Comment