Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Thought Process: Humility and the Over-Abundance of it

Humility is a very important thing in life.
   Pride can so easily prevent you from making that decision you need to make. It can prevent you from doing that thing you know you need to do. It can keep you from reaching out to that person you know you need to reach out to. Thusly, many a sermon and many a blog post on pride has been preached on and and written about. And rightly so, seeing as how we all struggle with pride from time to time.
   But I'm writing this post for those of us who don't. For those of us who, as a matter of fact, struggle with the exact opposite thing. You could say that we have a little too much humility. Or to put it a little more bluntly, we think lowly of ourselves. I'm writing this for those of us who think we aren't worth much or that we could never be good enough. I'm writing this for myself. I'm writing this for anyone who thinks and feels the same way I do. So if you wouldn't mind, please take a moment and listen to what I have to say. Take a seat, get comfortable. I want to talk to you as personally as you will let me.
   Comfortable? Good, I'm glad. Now, there are a few things I want to say in regards to this issue of self worth that I've been thinking about lately. I know you're a busy person, so I'll make it quick.
  To start things off, I feel like the only way I'm going to be able to approach this post correctly is to talk about what you might call "the cliche answer" first.
   I want you to remember that no matter how you feel about yourself, no matter what others tell you, you are good enough. Why? Well, because God made you good enough. Jesus loved you so much and believed in what he created so much that he willingly gave his life on the cross for you. God made you with a very specific purpose and plan in mind, a plan that only you are able to complete and no one else. Don't try and tell yourself otherwise, because it's true.
   That's the most important thing to remember. But the other thing I want you to think about and consider, is that in a way, you aren't good enough. You're probably either freaking out right now or grinning and nodding because you know where I'm going with this. Without God, none of us are good enough. Without God we could never hope to be what we're supposed to be, there would be no point in living. So aside from remembering my first point, I want you to think about this one. Try to use how you feel about yourself, use those insecurities and that low self-esteem in what could be called a positive light. Remember that the only way you could ever be good enough is with God. Without Him, you aren't good enough. So use those feelings as a stepping stone to get closer to God, to realize more and more how much you need Him.
   And also, please remember that you are awesome, and lovely, and great and there are so many people who love you and I love you and yeah. :)
   That's the end of the post. I told you it was short, didn't I?
   So yes. That's all for now, but I will see you again on Friday! Keep pluggin' along, my friend, and have a wonderful rest of your week.
   MR


No comments:

Post a Comment