Saturday, August 27, 2016

An Important Artsy Update

Hello, dear friends.
   How have you been? I hope you've had a fantastic week, that you were able to compliment someone, that you were able to laugh at something. Please remember to keep going, and find that thread of hope that's always intertwined in the big picture.
   I feel like I haven't written a nice, deep blog post in awhile, and that makes me rather sad. I really, really want to do that, and I'm going to do it soon. But today I have some very important artsy updates, as you may have gleaned from the title.
   So. Let's not beat around the bush. In the past week or so, two people have approached me about illustrating cover art for their books. The first one is a friend of mine who is self-publishing her book and is having me do the cover and the frontispiece. The second is the author that had the illustrating contest for her books that I ended up being a part of. But instead of doing illustrations inside, I'm doing the lineart for. The. Cover.
   I honestly can't believe this is happening? I'm very excited, super freaked out and slightly overwhelmed. Because I'm also starting school again this Monday, and I'm trying to get started on Christmas presents, and also run an Etsy shop, not to mention that I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING. I've never done anything close to this!


   But the only way to learn is to start, I guess. And that's what I'm doing. Starting.
   So yeah. I've been busy. Well not really yet, but I'm about to get that way. It's like that calm before the storm feeling, you know? I kind of just want to jump into it and tackle everything as fast as I can, as perfectly as humanly possible, because that's how I like to do things. I'm just trying to prepare myself at the moment, 'cause I know it's coming soon.
   So yeah. This all happened, like, right after I started the 30 day drawing challenge. I'm going to try and complete that, and still post videos on Youtube and everything else I'm doing at the moment. I kind of missed/adjusted the last two days in the challenge, because a.) I had no idea what to draw for day 11, and I'm doing this and sharing some concepts for the picture for my friend's book for day 12, along with filming a video tonight. I'm going to try and get back on track tomorrow.
   And that's it. That's all I have to say for now. Sorry for my lack of quality content as of late. I am going to have a real blog post very, very soon, I promise. Forgive me! I will be back soon, dear readers. Thank you for taking the time to make your way through this post and for sticking with this mess of a blog. I love you all dearly. <3

MR

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Maggie!🌌🎆🎇🎉🎊 That is so awesome that you received those offers and honestly, I'm not surprised! 😊 I hope it's not all too overwhelming and that you still have a chance to breathe with all that's going on in your life. Congrats again! You earned it! 😁

    ReplyDelete