Saturday, August 6, 2016

I Have an Artist Alley Table????

Hello, my dearest readers. :)
   How are you? I know I ask you that all the time, but I truly want to know. I hope you're doing well and that you've taken some time to enjoy life a little bit.
   As for me, I've been busy. Very. Busy.
   I've been catching up on my Mabel sweater orders, I've been playing piano, I've been trying to prepare my mind for another year of school. But this last week has been completely bonkers. Why? Well, if you've read the title or saw my little announcement on Pinterest, then you'll know...
   I HAVE AN ARTIST ALLEY TABLE AT A LITTLE LOCAL CONVENTION!!!!!
   And I have been preparing maniacally ever since I found out last Monday.
   Like, I've had to order prints. I've decided to stick with just 4x6 prints this time around, since all the other sizes are a bit too expensive and I'm running a little low on cash, hahaaaa.
   I've been making homemade stickers. Which took a bit of figuring out at first, but now they're loads of fun.
   I've been trying to finish this final Mabel sweater. Which I succeeded in doing tonight, haHA!
   I've been buying and making things for my table. Like a tablecloth, signs, stands, boxes for prints and stickers, all that stuff.
   I've been  printing business cards. Which took FOREVER, but I'm done with them, thank goodness.
   I've been frantically drawing and painting in an attempt to have more originals and prints to sell.
   I'VE BEEN INSANELY BUSY.
   AND I ONLY HAVE ONE WEEK TO FINISH GETTING READY.
   SO I AM ALSO GOING A LITTLE INSANE.
   Not to mention that I am suuuuuuppppper nervous about the whole thing, and hoping that I can make a bit of money, at least enough to pay for what I've put into this.
   But I've also been suuuuper excited. BECAUSE I AM GOING TO HAVE AN ARTIST ALLEY TABLE, WHICH IS LIKE SO COOL. Granted, the con is itty bitty teeny tiny, but this is such a great opportunity, and I'm hoping to meet some other artists, and gaaaah, it's gonna be so much fun!
   So yes. This isn't much of a post, but I just wanted to let you all know about what's been going on in my life. And if it wasn't for this, then there wouldn't have been a post at all. So there's that too.
   I'm hoping to make a vlog kind of thing going over how I prepared for the whole thing and how it went and all that, so keep an eye open on my youtube for that sometime next week. And whatever doesn't sell at con (which us probably going to be most of the things, ahha :') ), I will have up on my Etsy for a discounted rate, so keep your eyes open for thaaaaat...
   And yeah. That's it. That's all I have to say. I have to go and cut out stickers and edit a video and package a sweater and paint and draw another picture. So goodbye, my frens, and I'll see you on the flipside!

MR
 

4 comments:

  1. YOU GOT A TABLE NO WAY AAAAYYYY MAKIN THAT MONEY *cashier sounds* niceeeeeee job! *insert thumbs up emoji*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Maggie! I hope it all goes smoothly and that you have an AWESOME time! :D

    ReplyDelete