Friday, April 22, 2016

Little Bits and Beautiful Things

Hello, dearest readers! 
   I hope this post finds you well and happy, living life to its fullest. :)
   I must confess. I kind of forgot that tomorrow (today, if you're reading this the day I post it) was Friday, AKA my post day. I mean, I knew it was Friday, but I forgot that I needed to write a blog post. And I had no ideas.
   But I fortunately came up with something to write about that wouldn't require more time than I currently have. Which is about an hour, maybe less. 
   I haven't done a favorites post in awhile, a post where I tell you about some of my favorite books or movies or music, etc.,etc. So I thought that I would do one of those. Instead of choosing just one of those topics, I thought I would choose from each of them and pick one or two of my favorites from each topic that I've recently discovered/read/bought/whatever from the last few months. I'm going to take from quite a few topics, but I'm going to keep my descriptions and things relatively short, because I know that I can really get to rambling. :P
   So let's get started. 

   Art

There is no way I could ever choose a favorite from the massive amount of art I've encountered over the last few months. But I did make an art print purchase that I am incredibly in love with.


   The picture s horrible and doesn't even do it justice, but it's so gorgeous! I really want to try and buy an art print every month, so maybe I'll make a bit of a compilation post down the road...

Clothing

I buy a lot of clothes all of the time. Like, a lot. Very, very frequently. And it's all stuff I love. But I think this shirt takes the ticket.


I just.... It's so perfect for me, I can't even tell you. 

Books

I must confess once again. I haven't been reading a lot lately. For awhile it was because I was writing ALL THE TIME, and then it was because I was crocheting ALL THE TIME. And then I didn't really have an excuse. And so I started doing it again, and I realized how desperately missed it. 
   Now let me tell you. This book. THIS BOOK. There was something about it that I just loved! It was just spectacular! So you should totally go read it too! It's The Spindlers by Lauren Oliver.



 Quotes

I don't think I can narrow this down, because I am constantly finding new ones. So I'll just give you a few of the ones that I've recently found that I really and love and can relate to.






I could literally post hundreds of quotes, but I shan't because this was supposed to be a somewhat short post. 

Show

I'M PRETTY SURE THAT WE ARE ALL AWARE THAT MY FAVORITE SHOW AT THE MOMENT IS GRAVITY FALLS, SO NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID, UNLESS YOU STILL HAVEN'T WATCHED IT, BECAUSE NOW I NEED TO TELL YOU TO GO WATCH IT AGAIN, BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD AND YOU ARE TOTALLY MISSING OUT. 

And now we're done. 


Music I've listened to

I have found a lot of AMAZING WONDERFUL SPECTACULAR new music these past few months, but a day or so ago I made a surprising musical discovery. 
I actually found some music from the 60-90's era that I enjoy. More specifically, I found one song. 
But it's really good, and since I don't particularly like anything from that era that I've ever heard, this is quite an amazing thing for me. It's "The Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel and I love it. A lot. So here it is. 



Seriously, it's amazing!!! I'm totally going to go and listen to more of their music and download this song, and yeah, you get the picture.

Music I've played

I don't usually talk much about that fact that I play the piano. But I do. And I really love it! 
And let me tell you. 
I love this song. So. Much. SO MUCH. It's so lovely and I just.... Gah! 
But yes. It's called "Poem" by Zdenko Fibich. And it is lovely. 





And there we have it, the end of this favorites post! Thanks for sticking with me to the end, hehheh. What are some of your favorite things from the past few months? And would you like to see more of these types of things in the future, or would you rather something else? 
   Again, thank you so much for reading this and I'll see you next time, dear reader. :)

MR

No comments:

Post a Comment