Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Thought Process: Words

Let me ask you.
   Have you ever wondered if life would be easier if we didn't have to talk? If we didn't have to always think of the right thing to say, and the right way to say it, and the right time to say it, maybe life would go a little more smoothly.
   When people lie to you, or when you lie to other people, when words come out that you didn't mean to speak, when you can't say the words that you so desperately want or even need to say... Wouldn't it be easier if we didn't even have to say them at all?
   What if there was a different way to communicate besides using words?
   What if instead, we were able to share our raw emotions? What if through a single touch, you could tell someone all of the things you've wanted to say for so long, but have never been able to find the courage to voice, or have never been able to find the right words to say?
 Think of how different our world would be.
   People couldn't lie anymore. Not unless they avoided human contact for the rest of their lives. You wouldn't have to try and explain the swirling thoughts and emotions roiling around your head. You could just share them, as easy as that.
   It would be a brutally honest world. Is it a world I would want to live in? Maybe. I'm not sure if I'm willing to be that honest.
   Is this more of a Thought Process post, or is it a story idea? I'm not sure on that either. I guess only time will tell if I'm willing to add this to my ever growing story log, or if it's one of those things I write down and never think about again. One of those things I'll just keep wondering about and never know the answer to.

Until next time, thinkers.
MR

2 comments: