Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Thought Process: Navigating Your Thoughts

Hello, lovely people. :)
   I'm back once again with another blog post, nice and quick after the last one. And it's another Thought Process. Wow, been gettin' a lot of these, hehheh.
   Actually, I have quite a few thought threads that I'm working through and hoping to one day share with you all. I even have a few drafts half written out and waiting to be finished. But some Thought Processes require a bit more thinking, while others are a bit easier to sort through.


   This is one of those latter posts. It's one of those ones that I write up really quick without much forethought, but only because it doesn't require much. In this one, I am going to tell you a little bit on how to deal with your own thought process.
   Okay, so, I don't know how many people know this, but I am a very deep thinker. I'm constantly thinking about deep stuff, which I already explained in my original Thought Process post, so I won't bore you all with explaining it again. :P
   You might not realize I'm that deep of a thinker when you first look at me, or if you only know me on surface level, or even if you're one of my "casual" friends. Even most of my family and other close relations don't realize how deep my thoughts go sometimes. Most of the time I don't even get what in the heck my brain is conjuring up.
   And sometimes those thoughts can get a little tangly, or they can even reach a stage that I like to simply call "Too Deep". Since this actually happens quite often, I have discovered a few ways that work for me to either sort out my thoughts or get them under control. And if you're also a thinker, maybe these can help you out too.
 
   First thing that's helped me, is blogging about my tangled thoughts. This really helps me to get my head focused and sort through what the heck is going on in my mind. It's easier to pay attention on what you're thinking about, and knowing that it has to make sense to other people helps clear it up in your own head.

   Another tangly thought help is finding pins and blog posts and edits and WHATEVER that you relate to, and save them on social media. I.e., repin that one really good pin that describes exactly what you're thinking. Because A.) It's nice to know you're not the only one and B.) You're going to help the next person that sees that and figures out that they're not the only one too.

   And then, when the thoughts reach "Too Deep" stage.
This one, this is a real trickster here. Everyone has their own level of too deep, and sometimes that level can go even further and reach unhealthy levels. But I'm going to save that even higher level for another blog post that is currently in the works. For now, let's simply address the "Too Deep" stage.

   Okay, so first of all, pray about it. I'm gonna bare my soul here and just go ahead and tell you that I struggle with some major self esteem issues and insecurities, along with anxiety and some pretty crummy thoughts in general. And I often feel that I have no one who I want/am willing to share that with. Thus, the best option, even better than sharing it "face-to-face" with someone, is praying. For help, comfort, or even just telling God what your brain is thinking. It helps, peeps. Do it.

Another thing that I do all the time is write out my "Too Deep" thoughts, the ones that I consider too tangled to blog about. I have a little journal that I keep them in. I use different colored pens and washi tape, something that makes it feel really homey. And I write them out. I don't worry about them making sense, I don't worry about them being hopeful or having a "happy ending". I just write them out and let them be what they are, and by the time I'm done I feel... Relieved. Like a weight has been lifted off of my chest. Sure, the thoughts are still there, but I feel like writing them out helps me A TON.

And finally, as almost a bit of a sidenote, I thought I'd add that you can (and should sometimes) share those "Too Deep" thoughts with someone else that you trust. You won't always want to do that, but it'll probably make you feel better.

As one last, final sidenote, I'd like to add onto that and say that if you ever DO need to talk to someone, I am totally more than willing to be that someone for you. I'm good at listening, even if I'm not super great at giving advice all of the time, but with a little time and thought I will try my best to help you. :)

And so, we have come to the end of this post that ended up being longer than I had previously anticipated. But here we are. I hope this helped you if you needed it, dear reader.

Until next time.
MR

4 comments:

  1. Thank's for yet another great post, Maggie! I'm really enjoying this Thought Process series you're doing. It gives me ideas to help me to de-tangle the weirdness that is my thought process. ;) Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it could help you, Laura! Thank you so much. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this post Maggie! I've been dealing with a lot of the same things recently, and I think these ideas will help! I've been trying write things down more recently, and you are right, it feels like such a load off of the shoulders. It's so encouraging to know others think the same way, and it's helpful to hear someone else spell it out in their own words. :) As Laura said, keep posting! I'm sure we aren't the only ones benefiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elisha! I'm glad it could help. :D

      Delete